DIY Protein Treatment


After weeks of extreme breakage and the return of my crazy split ends I decided to be proactive. I looked around Harare for a hard protein along the lines of Aphogee or Nexxus. I didn't find anything,so I hit up the internet to look for recipes for a DIY fix.

After my horrible experience with the mayonnaise I was looking for  an odourless, non oily protein treatment. What I found was gelatin.
As in what jelly (jello) is made of.

After going over a couple recipes on different sites I used a recipe I got here.
I like this site's recipe because it offers quite a few ideas for tweaking the PT to get what you want.
At first I thought the mixture wouldn't be enough so I added a bit more water. I ended up regretting it when the mix ran down my neck. Anyway, I really like the results I got.

My hair which got a bit brownish after heat damage is looking dark again *huge grin*. There was almost no breakage in the tub *another grin* after rinsing and very little while I was styling *grinning like a fool*.

I used Dr. Miracles intensive deep conditioning treatment after but I don't really think it was necessary cuz my hair didn't feel brittle or hard after the gelatin. I like it so much I'm going to do it again next month without the Dr. Miracles and with yogurt as a moisturizing  component.

Comments