Product Review - Jabu Stone No-Rinse Shampoo

I've been promising product reviews for ages now and I've finally done one up. Since most of this months posts revolve around my mini twists, I figured I'll do a product review that also has to do with my current style. I first saw this product at my local grocery store about two months ago, but since I was mainly wearing twist outs it made no sense to buy it. Then two days before I put in my mini twists I went looking for it and found it.



 
What it Is
 "The ideal formulation for giving your hair a no-rinse wash between major washes"
What it does
 "...Absorbs impurities and old oils from hair and scalp replacing it with essential oils of Peppermint and basil that soften the hair. Hair and scalp will feel fresh like it has been washed with water."
Who should buy it
The bottle specifically says it's designed for braids and African locks. This product is great for any one with braids twists or locks. Beacuse it's a spray it should be avoided if your hair is in a loose style as it will ause shrinkage and mostlikely destroy whatever style you have. I think it would also be ideal for any one who works out but doesn't have the time to wash everyday.
How to
The no rinse shampoo is basically a hairspray. The instructions are very simple; hold the bottle 20cm from you head and spray on scalp and hair. It can be used as pften as needed

My Opinion
I'm not a fan of giving products ratings because they're too subjective and tend to either hype a so-so product or give bad ratings to good ones. Improper use of a product can give "bad" results and enthusiasm for a product can make a person exaggerate how good a product really is. I don't want to rate a product based on my enthusiasm or ignorance/incompetence. What I will do, however, is give you my opinion about the product based on the following areas: appearance and texture, smell, ease of use and  results.
Appearance and texture - The No Rine Shampoo is clear in color and the consisteny of water
Smell - Peppermint, not too strong and only evident if you actually smell the hair or open the bottle.
Ease of Use - It's a spray bottle, it doesn't get any easier than that. It took all of one minute to spray my entire head, so it's definetly a quick and convenient product.
Results
Since I'd only been using a braid spray and my castor oil, I didn't have much build up on either my hair or my scalp and wasn't sure what to expect. Although the peppermint smell is there I was a bit surprised by the unexpected tingle that accompanied it. The tingle was low key and definately less than a Dr. Miracles product (I'm working on the reviews), so I didn't mind it at all.After spraying it on, my hair did feel like it had been washed. It wasn't dry, felt moisturised and there seemed to be no traces of the oil I used as a sealant the day before.
I wanted to see how clean the No-Rinse Shampoo could really get my hair so I did a grease test. I went to be back of my hair cabinet and got out a bottle of good old fashioned grease, a heavy petrolatum based hairfood that I no longer use and the name of which I will not mention. I used it to oil my scalp and put some over the twists as well, let it sit overnight, then used the No-Rinse. To my shock and surprise, my scalp and twists had no traces of grease left after spraying the Jabu Stone No-Rinse Shampoo. I'm still kind of in shock, I know it says it'll replace all the dirt and oil, but for some reason, I didn't think it'd work on a heavy petrolatum based product. I'm curious as to how exactly this product works. Seriously though, where did the grease go?

Cost
I bought mine for $4.50

Retailers
Jabu Stone Products are notoriously hard to find in Zim. Most grocery stores have them but there's no guarantee you'll find the no-rinse shampoo in all of them. I went to 6 different stores before I found mine. Hair and beauty stores in the CBD occasionally stock Jabu Stone Products, but I have yet to see the No-Rinse Shampoo in any of my usual shops.

My Final Say

Will I buy it again?
Yes. I haven't finished the bottle I bought, but when I do I'll get another.
I really wish I had come accross this back when I used to exercise. My scalp sweats when I exercise and the combination of sweat and products makes for nasty build up and a bad smell when not washed. It meant I was washing my hair a minimum of twice a week, which meant styling twice a week and I really don't have time for that. with something like this I can have my hair smelling and feeling fresh without having to go through the wash and style hassle. This will probably be my go-to fix for when I eventually get back to exercising.
Would I recomend it?
Yes. If you have locks or a protective style like braids or twists and don't want to have to wash your hair often, this is the product for you.The bottle is small and discrete so it can fit in a gym bag or even your hand bag for times when you want your hair clean but can't be bothered to shampoo.

Comments

  1. This is very interesting content! I have thoroughly enjoyed reading your points and have come to the conclusion that you are right about many of them. You are great. see more

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment