Product Review - Dr Miracles Braid Relief Spray

What it is
i A braid spray for any one with braids, twists, locks or a weave.

What it does
Soothes Scalp. Adds Sheen. Promotes Growth.
"...soothe the stubborn scalp problems you feel after braiding, locking, twisting or weaving your hair.
- Gentle Strength Formula.
- Feel It” Formula’s tingling sensation ends tightness, itching, dryness and all scalp irritation.
- Adds lustre and sheen to your hair.
- Promotes blood flow to the scalp helping to end slow growth problems.
- Strengthens, conditions, and moisturises hair and scalp."

How to
the instructions say:
For best results use daily or whenever scalp tightness, itching, dryness or irritation exists.
First spray directly onto scalp targeting areas that need it most. Massage gently. Then spray onto braids, locks, twists or weaves to condition moisturise and shine.

My Opinion
Appearance and Texture- The braid spray is a sort of golden wheat color and the texture is extremely light. If it wasn't for the list of ingredients on the side, you might be foole into believing there's no oil in it.

Smell- a very light peppermint and clove, it fades after about 30 mins and you won't be able to smell it anymore.

Ease of Use- it's a spray bottle. Need I say more?

Results
Every time I used it I felt that good old Dr. Miracles tingle. Which is cool by me, no problem at all. It's supposed to get rid of the tight feeling you get after having braids/twists put in, but I did my twists extra tight and had  I used it every day for a week, but my scalp wouldn't stop itching. it'd stop itching for a few hours after I used the spray, but eventually I'd feel the urge to scratch again. I know that when my scalp is itchy it's because of dryness and the Braid Relief Spray didn't really address my dry scalp. I ended up putting my castor oil over the spray and my itchyness went away.


Cost
It depends on which store you go to, I saw it going for between $13 and $15.50

Retailers
The list of Dr Miracles suppliers can be found here. this is a list of retailers who buy direct from the authorised Dr Miracles Agent here in Zim so prices are generally cheaper and you know the product is is original.

My Final Say

Will I Buy it Again
The jury is still out on this one. I love my hair but $15 for a hairspray... it seems a bit much.
Would I Recommend it?
Yes. I'm a bit of a cheapskate but that doesn't mean you should be. I like most Dr Miracles products because they promote circulation and healthy hair so that's already a plus for this product. The fact that it's a light weight product is also a plus.

Comments

  1. I have ALWAYS had trouble with think flaky dandruff. I am 51 years old and I cannot remember a time in my life where it was not a problem for me. Through my relaxer, Jheri curl, to going natural. I would always have to wash my hair every 3-4 days because of the flaky scalp. I have tried everything, all different types of oils (including natural oils), and the expensive shampoos, conditioners, and scalp treatments (Nizoral, Paul Mitchell, etc.). Now that I am natural, I like putting twists/extensions in my hair. I can never keep them more than 2-3 weeks before needing to take them out and wash my hair. That is until I tried Dr. Miracle’s Braid Relief Spray! I can't believe what this product has done for me. I had twists in my hair over 3 weeks, and not one flake in sight! It is truly a 'Miracle' for me! This product does a lot more than soothe the scalp, add sheen, and promote growth, for me it has cured a lifelong dandruff problem. I will use it every day....not just for braids and twists, but any natural hair style I happen to have at the time. Not sure where you live but I have found this much cheaper here in NC.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment