Protein Results

So I did my mayonnaise treatment and it went quite well. I rinsed the mayo out shampooed and then did an Apple Cider Vinegar (ACV) Rinse. Here's What I have to say about that experience:

Mayo Protein Conditioning Treatment
Unfortunately, I'm not really sure what kind of results I'm supposed to get from doing a protein treatment so I cant judge if it went well or not. to be honest all I know about protein treatment is if it goes badly your hair will be all dry and hard because there's no moisture. All I can say is the mayonnaise had no adverse effects on my hair
.

While I'm reasonably happy with the results of the mayonnaise treatment, the fact that I have nothing to compare it to makes it hard for me to say whether it's worth doing again. If the comparison is the last mayonnaise disaster, then it went fantastic (not once did I feel the urge to run from my hair or throw up). But I'd love to have another protein treatment to compare it to. I've used various deep conditioners that have both protein and moisture elements in them but never one specifically one that is protein only.

I plan on doing my next protein treatment mid February so till then...the hunt for products in Harare continues


ACV Rinse
Last time I did the rinse the smell made me gag and want to throw up. This time I significantly reduced the amount ACV. I used a 1:4  ACV/water ratio before and it was way too strong. This time round I used 3 Tablespoons  of ACV in 1 liter of water. The difference is huge I know, but after doing more research, this was a ratio I felt safe with, and it worked wonders. ACV is known for clarifying hair, that means it should strip your hair of any and all build up that might be on it. I had no clue how my hair was going to feel because I didn't go through with the first ACV rinse I did. I was quite surprised with how brittle my hair felt after the ACV rinse. The only thing I can liken it to is how my hair feels like it's half a step from breaking when it's dry. But my hair was wet at the time. The thing is,even back in the days when I didn't moisturize my hair daily it never felt that dry and brittle.  I even rinsed with plain water afterwards just to make sure I had no ACV that might negatively affect my hair.

Anyways, I did an Oil and Honey Deep Conditioning treatment afterwards to restore moisture. Instead of keeping it on for only an hour as I had originally intended I kept it in overnight because of the results of the ACV. I was scared to try and remove any of the water that was in my hair in case my hair fell off so I ended up with honey and oil running down my neck all night and I had to put an old towel over my pillow to protect it. I was also afraid to detangle my hair when it was like that so detangling the next morning was a nightmare!!
I don't think I'll be doing this again. The brittleness scares me and considering I use mostly water and natural oils on my hair I'm not so sure it's neccessary to strip my hair of moisture like this. My shampoo did a perfectly good job removing the mayonnaise, and I think for me, that's enough. I might look for a gentle clarifying shampoo but ACV will be in my kitchen for cooking from now on.


Recipies for the ACV rinse and Oil and honey deep conditioner will be up by the end of the week

Comments