Puff Styling


that's not me but you gotta love the earings

Unfortunately, I have no picture of last weeks hair.In lieu of pictures of last weeks hair I'm goin to talk about keeping your Puff looking good.
Last week I had a puff all week and simply made a few change to it as the week went along.

1. Stretch your Hair
Generally Puffs  look best when your hair's been stretched a bit. I usually use 4-8 big twists or braids depending on how big I want the Puff. You can also use Bantu Knots. It will also depend on how long your hair is. The longer your hair the fewer you'll need.

2. Style
Once your hair is dry you can start styling.
I like to finger comb my hair when I'm going to wear a Afro/Puff. If you detangle before putting in your stretching style there's no need to put yourself through the trauma of combing it again. If you want to comb just comb the ends to make sure you get the shape you want and your edges where there may be a few gaps from parting.
How you tie it is up to you. I use a scrunchie to go around the hair but don't make it go round twice.
Never, Ever tie your hair so tight it hurts! All you'll be doing is putting yourself on the fast road to having no hairline. If you tie a scarf around your edges to keep the hair down it will look like you tied it tight but you won't be crying in pain.

3. Maintain
The best way to maintain a Puff is to moisturize and re-stretch your hair every night before you sleep and then style again in the morning. I spritz my hair with a mix of water, glycerin and olive oil before putting it back into twists. Sleeping with a Puff is a BIG NO!!! You run the risk of getting knots.


There are plenty of ways to change up a Puff

  • Tie it on the side
  • Add a twist/twist out or braid/braid out bang
  • Add interesting hair accessories
If you can think of anything else let me know in the comments

Comments