How To: GetThe Most Out Of Salon Visits

The holiday season is fast  approaching and I've decided my gift to myself will be a haircut. I'm thinking long on the top, short on the back and sides. I'm not a fan of going to the salon, but I've come up with a sort checklist of things that will make my trip there more bearable.

1) Go when there are less people
By going on a less busy day of the week you increase the chances that your stylist will have time for you. This is a big one for me because I let very few people touch my hair. There's less chance of you being shunted off to someone who knows nothing about your hair and cares less.

2) Make sure the stylist understands what you want
Being able to communicate with your stylist is key. Good communication will be the difference between just getting a cut/ style and getting the cut/ style of your dreams. Try to be as clear as possible and get your stylist to acknowledge what you say. At the same time, when necessary, be willing to take advice...

3) If something bothers you, speak out!
Silence leads to messed up cuts! The moment you see things going south, say something. Be bold enough to let them know when they do wrong. If they're combing from the root to the tips instead of vice versa, show them the correct way to detangle. I've shown my stylist how to section my hair before blow drying and saved myself from a world of pain.

LONG STORY SHORT
Make sure your stylist isn't distracted, make sure you understand each other and don't be afraid to speak out.

Comments