Quick Step-by-Step: How I did my Twists

I am totally late with this post, to be honest the Easter holiday got the best of me. I'm still working on the pics of my completed mini twists. To be honest (again) I have no idea when they'll be up, in the meantime here is a short rundown of how I do my twists.

1. Wash - Clean hair is a must for all natural hair styling sessions, but especially long term styles.

2. Deep Condition - Even though it's possible to condition hair in Mini twists, it's best to start off with as much moisture as possible. I used my DIY Honey and Olive Oil DC treatment overnight.

3. Stretch and Dry- Twists done on wet hair frizz faster than ones done on stretched dry hair. Stretching helps reduce tangles and snags while you're twisting. I used threading to stretch my hair but you can also blow dry or use banding.

4. Twist - The final step! I split my twisting up into four sessions spread over four days. If you're not lazy like me, it can be done in one day.

That's the basic run down and I'll have more tips coming before the end of the week.
Are there any steps that you do that I haven't included in my rundown?

Comments