Update - 2012 Smart Hair Goals

So we're already well into the second month of 2012 and my SMART goal progress hasn't come very far. I actually had to check an earlier blog post to remind myself what goals I set. Thankfully, I still feel that all my goals are doable and can still be achieved. I will however be adding one or two little things to help me along in my progress. Here's a rundown of the goals, progress made
and any tweaks I'm making to help myself accomplish them.

GOAL 1: Grow hair to BSL
This is probably the easiest goal for me because all I have to do is let my hair grow. I have not used scissors on my hair so far this year. It's only been about 6 weeks but for me that's a big deal. I've decided to put doing regular length checks together with Goal 2 and make protective styling it's own goal.

GOAL 2: Find out how long my hair grows/ do regular length checks
 I have yet to measure the length of my hair for a start of 2012 length I can use for future comparison but, once again, I'm not worried. I think it would be fantastic to take a starting measurement on my Hairversary which is coming up on the 18th of February. I'll be 4 years natural on that date and so a length check will also have a sort of sentimental significance. From then on I'll be doing the length checks every 12-13 weeks

GOAL 3: Learn more styles
This goal the only one that I've done anything about. I've been looking through a lot of blogs/sites/forums etc for inspiration and I've been trying some styles out. Not all of the attempts have been sucessful, but I'm working at it and I've increased my repertoire of styles. You may have noticed that I've stopped putting up weekly photos of my hair. There are two reasons why 1. I don't think my styles are all that inspirational and the main reason 2. my camera sucks. I want to say I'll save up for a better one but I have other things I need to save up for too.

GOAL 4: Wear protective Styles for 6 months of the year
So far I haven't attempted this goal. My aim was to do the majority of my protective styling in winter and I think I'll stick to this. I plan on doing an extensive post on what particular styles I'll be trying out as well as the specific months I want to have them in.


I think one of the reasons I haven't had much success with keeping up with my goals is because I don't have a constant reminder of them. I'm going to write my goals out and post it them up on my mirror to serve as a constant reminder of what I'm trying to achieve.

How have you been doing at keeping to your hair goals for 2012?

Comments