DIY Honey Conditioner - Another Recipe!

As promised I'm slowly but surely dishing out all my DIY  recipes. This is a very simple honey conditioner, I use it on days when I don't want to use my store bought conditioner. I also use it as a pre-poo sometimes when my hair is feeling extra dry. Oil alone doesn't give me enough slip to detangle before a shampoo and the honey works wonders for softening my hair.


credit


Honey Conditioner


Ingredients:
4 tbls Coconut oil
2 tbls Natural honey

Directions:
Place coconut oil and honey in a small plastic bag and place the bag in a hot cup of water for 1 minute to warm. Apply to hair, wrap hair in a towel for 20 minutes. Wash then dry hair.

The warming of the oil/honey mix is a MUST!! Honey and oil don't mix unless they're warm and if you want to spread them evenly all over your hair they must be warm. Otherwise the honey sinks to the bottom and you end up with oil on some parts of your hair and honey on the rest. Trust me, I'm speaking from experience.
Feel free to vary the quantities of honey and coconut oil according to your length

Comments

  1. oh my shucksies!! it worked!!! :D
    So my oil and honey didn't quite mix, left them sitting in boiling water for 5 min and they still wouldn't mix, stirred with a spoon and managed to get them to kind of mix but not completely. But it still worked, my hair feels softer already, after just my first time! Thanks Esther :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you're welcome! I'm glad it worked for you =)
      As far as mixing goes, I don't think the oil and honey mix completely.

      Delete

Post a Comment