Hungry Hair needs Mayonaise!!

My last protein treatment was about a month ago (just after the split end scare and before my trim) and while I can't say I feel any difference in how 'strong' my strands are I think I'm long due for another protein treatment. last time I did a protein treatment I was broke and used mayonnaise and rinsed with ACV. The smell of the mayo made me want to vomit and the page I got the mayo tip from said that ACV would get rid of the smell of mayo. Unfortunately when the ACV rinse was added
I actually did gag. I had planned on doing a honey and olive oil deep conditioner afterwards but the thought of adding more smells to what I had already experienced had me running for the toilet again. In the end I just did my normal shampoo and condition routine and added leave in conditioner.

I still want to give DIY protein conditioner a chance though. So I have since then done a postmortem and found out what I did wrong and hopefully come up with strategies to avoid the last debacle. First off the mayo I used is the cheapest on the market and the one brand I wouldn't eat. I don't like the way it smells and since my hairline isn't that far from my nose it stands to reason that is what made me sick. The mayo I buy this time will have to be one I don't mind the smell of and one that has very few additives. Second, the ACV/mayo combo. When I used the ACV rinse last time I hadn't thoroughly removed all the mayo from my hair because it was taking long and I thought the ACV rinse would do a better job of getting the greasiness from the mayo out. I will not be doing that this time around. I have since learned that ACV should be used after shampooing.*in case you're also looking to get DIY curious, know that if the instructions are vague you should get clearer ones.*

In case you didn't know, I added some pages last week on Monday and I think I'll soon be adding a recipes page for all the DIY enthusiasts. I'll start with the recipes I use like my pre-poo, leave in conditioner, daily spritz, conditioners etc. it's a lot to type up, so expect it in a bout a week or so.

Comments