My Hair Confession

Dear Reader,

I have something to tell you. Something that's been eating me up inside. I need to share with you. I've kept this secret for too long, and the time has come to confess, to rid my self of the guilt I feel everytime you visit this page.
I hope you're sitting down for this.

Here it comes, don't hate me.
I use products with Sulphates and silicone.

Oh, No!! Say it ain't so. Say it ain't so!!

Not only do I use these products but last Saturday, exactly 24 hrs after writing my final post on regimens I went out and bought a molding cream with mineral oil and petrolatum as the 3rd and 4th ingredients.

So why would I, after telling you to avoid silicone, sulphates mineral oil and petrolatum play the part of the hypocrite? To be honest,
the answer to that is a bit complicated, but I'll try and break it down for you.

1. There Just Isn't Much Choice. As much as I'd like to get a sulphate free shampoo and silicone free conditioner, I haven't been able to find any. I've walked up and down the aisles of grocery stores, beauty supply stores and pharmacies in search of the elusive cone and sulphate free products to no avail. If I knew where to find them I'd buy them, I would, but since I don't...

silicone motifake 39836 demotivational posters


2. I Succumbed to Peer Pressure Vanity. I admit I walked into the store with the intention to buy it. I've seen lots of people with beautiful twists and locks as a result of using it and I wanted that for myself. The ingredients shocked me when I first saw them but I still bought it. I want those results!

I know there will be some people who'll freak out and call me names like hypocrite, but in the end it's my decision and it's already been made. I'm going to do the best I can with what I've got -sulphate shampoo and silicone conditioner- and take a risk on the moulding cream.

I'll probably do a post on the pro's and con's of sulphates and silicone, but since I've already planned what I want to write till the end of the year, it'll only be up in 2012.
It feels good to finally get that off my chest.

Now that that's done with, I'm doing twists with the moulding cream tomorrow so pics on monday and a product review on tuesday.
Have a great week end

Comments