I Got It Cut

So I got my hair cut, well trimmed really only about an inch came off.
I was so underwhelmed with the results of the blow and ceramic that I didn't even take any pictures. I'm Sorry I can't show you the results.
The straight look is OK, I don't mind it and having some one else do my hair is a nice alternative to doing it myself (no arm cramps). However, I already miss my hair.
Somehow, with this straight hair I feel
uninspired and bored. I looked in the mirror this morning and my clothes (jeans and a plain black shirt) are boring and have no personality. Back when I had relaxed hair I never thought of my hair as an accessory. It was more of a nuisance, always on the back of my neck giving me heat rash, and I'd end up with either a ponytail or a bun.
I've always loved the song I Am Not My Hair, first because it's a good song and second, because I was sick of people asking me if I was a "Rasta"/lesbian/any other ignorance. These days though, I am totally my hair. Not because my hair is a political statement but, because I've begun to use my hair as an extension of my personality and moods. It's attention grabbing,constantly changing and has become my number one accessory. Without it I feel as if I am no longer Me, a unique individual who thrives on sticking out and being different.
The weird thing is my hair isn't even 100% straight any more (I got rained on and it was hot last night and I sweated it up a bit ), but I still don't like it. I've always said that heat was just another option and I'll never hate on naturals that get their hair pressed, blow dried or flat ironed. I just don't think it's for me.

Bottom line is.... I can't wait for Wash Day

Comments