My Hair Regimen as of Sept 1 2011

My Hair Regimen (it looks important when you put it in caps) is pretty simple. I don't like to spend too much time on my hair and I do my own styling so I try to keep it as simple as possible. I'm generally an orderly person and having a set hair regimen simplifies my hair care for me because I know what to do when. That said, here's what I do on a weekly basis.


Monday
Moisturize Scalp

Tuesday
Pre-Poo
Co-wash
Style


Wednesday
Nothing

Thursay
Moisturize Scalp

Friday
Nothing

Saturday
Condition (moisturizing conditioner/ protein conditioner)
Co-wash
Style
Sunday

Shampoo 
Every other week to get rid of build up from conditioner

This is a very simple regimen and I have three days a week (monday, thursday and friday) where I basically just refresh/style in the morning and go. Refreshing my hair is pretty simple, I spritz it with conditioning hairspray. The one I use has water as the main ingredient so there's very little build up and it just adds back moisture without giving me a greasy feel or look.

I moisturize my scalp twice a week because my scalp becomes painfully itchy when I don't and I try to avoid letting it get dry. I wash my hair twice a week because I work out (occasionally) and I'm a scalp sweater. I read somewhere that sweating releases toxins and I don't want those toxins on my scalp! Hence the twice a week wash.

This post doesn't list any of the products I use. I did that on purpose. I'm currently in the process of trying out a lot of new stuff and finding the right combinations that work together. Also, there are some combinations of products I use for specific hair styles and I'll list them when I talk about those styles.

Very Important!!!
This is MY hair regimen. It may not work for your hair, your schedule or whatever. I, personally don't follow it to a T. Sometimes I skip my mid-week wash or wash on Friday night instead of Saturday and the reason could be anything from I woke up late, I don't want/have time to style my hair to I'm just feeling lazy. It's very important to do what works for you. Next week I'll post about the importance of a regime, how to put one together and the basic steps you should have.

Have a great week end!!


Comments